MUST READ: Ted Cruz Lays Out 10 Questions About Benghazi [VIDEO]
After the House of Representatives announced the formation of a specialBenghazi Select Committee, Senator Ted Cruz renewed his call for a Senate select committee on Benghazi that would work jointly with the House committee.
Senator Cruz has long been critical of the lack of action on the part of the Obama administration in dealing with the aftermath and coverup of Benghazi, and has even introduced a bill that would offer a $5 million reward for information leading to the death or capture of the terrorists that carried out the attack.
Ted Cruz has also been highly critical of the unresponsiveness and lack of cooperativeness of the Obama administration in answering a number of basic questions about what happened before, during and after the Benghazi attack. Rep. Trey Gowdy has similar questions about Benghazi, and recently challenged the media as to why they haven’t been asking these questions.
Follow Conservative Tribune
When Cruz took to the Senate floor to speak about his reintroduced resolution calling for a select committee, he spoke about how “chilling” the roles of Obama and Hillary Clinton appear to be in the Benghazi coverup.
“Twenty months after the Benghazi attack, we have four dead Americans and no dead terrorists,” Sen. Cruz said. “It is chilling to think our President had better things to do than personally attend to an ongoing terrorist attack on our people. It is chilling to imagine we could have mounted a rescue attempt of our people but did not even bother to try. It is chilling to think our Secretary of State would not insist on giving an interview for the ARB report. It is chilling to think we have an administration that is reluctant to utter the words ‘radical Islamic terrorism,’ let alone fight against it. The clock is ticking. Memories are fading. It is beyond time to get the full resources of both houses of Congress behind this investigation.”
Cruz also took the time to lay out 10 questions that he feels have not been sufficiently answered.
- Why was the State Department unwilling to provide the requested level of security to Benghazi in the summer of 2012?
- Did President Obama’s daily intelligence briefings in the run-up to September 11, 2012 support the assertion that there was no credible threat of a coordinated terrorist attack on Benghazi during this time? And if so, why does the White House not declassify and release the briefings, as President George Bush did his pre-September 11, 2001 briefings?
- Why did we not anticipate the need to have military assets at the ready in the region on the anniversary of September 11, of all days?
- Did President Obama sleep the night of September 11, 2012? Did Secretary Clinton? When was President Obama told about the murder of our ambassador?
- If the secretary of defense thought there was “no question” this was a coordinated terrorist attack, why did Ambassador Susan Rice, Secretary Clinton, and President Obama all tell the American people that the cause was a “spontaneous demonstration” about an internet video?
- Why did former deputy CIA director Mike Morell edit the intelligence community talking points to delete the references to “Islamic extremists” and “al-Quaeda”?
- Why did the FBI release pictures of militants taken the day of the attack only eight months after the fact? Why not immediately, as proved so effective after the Boston bombing?
- Why was Secretary Clinton not interviewed for the ARB report? And if all relevant questions were answered in the ARB report, why did the State Department’s own inspector-general office open a probe into the methods of that very report?
- Why have none of the terrorists who attacked in Benghazi been captured or killed?
- What additional evidence that the White House engaged in a political campaign to blame the Benghazi attack on the internet video is contained in the additional emails requested by JudicialWatch but withheld by the White House on the grounds that it would put a “chill” on internal deliberations?
These questions must be answered satisfactorily as soon as possible, and Trey Gowdy will likely get answers to these, and other questions, once he has subpoenaed Hillary Clinton, President Obama, and all relevant documents that pertain to Benghazi, unredacted of course.
The Democrats know that Gowdy will eventually get to the truth, which is why they threatened to boycott the select committee. They have now agreed to take part, but will likely try to obstruct and provide cover for Hillary, because she is scared of what Gowdy’s investigation will uncover. Obama is also afraid of Gowdy, because he knows that the already crumbling coverup will be blown wide open.